Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Que Sera Sera

It's been a week since I last posted. And an adventurous one at that. I was all set a month ago that I was going to go to Graduate School for music. But things change... And that one may have changed, who knows. I might also have the opportunity to keep singing to kids about Woody Guthrie. I really do enjoy that and think that it might be an interesting possibility as well. I've attached a video of the k-12 artwork that comes out of my programs. Its pretty cute. Anyways, I'm not really sure where my life is going to take me, but thats an adventure all on its own. Last night, a friend told me that he always thought that this time in your life is always exciting and fun. It is exciting right now but fun, I would have to disagree with. I'm not sure he really knows what he means by that. (PS, Ben, that wasn't you who said that!)


I guess I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed right now. A month ago I had a plan. Now, I just have ideas. And maybe I am more passionate about my ideas than I was my plans. But the whole thing is, if I don't pursue my plan, will I regret it? But if I don't pursue my ideas, will I disappointed myself?

Normally I just let go and say, Que Sera Sera, I'm trying, but for some reason if I keep saying "whatever will be, will be" I wonder if anything will ever happen or if I'll just be continually stuck and never get out of a rut. It's heavy on my heart right now, but I think that if we only knew happiness and no pain, we would never really know what true happiness really was.

People say, "Follow your heart" but how do you follow your heart if it doesn't direct you one way or the other? So, here it goes again with a deep breathe: Que Sera Sera.

No comments: