Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Kiting


Today was a good day. I finished a great book at 1:40 this morning called The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian. It was comical and down to earth. A must read. I woke up, went shopping with my mom, bought some new jeans, got a new pair of running shoes. Good stuff.


Then Bruce from the bike shop called and told me I could come down and watch him fix my bike so I could learn how to adjust things if need be. Pretty good stuff. I learned a lot. Unfortunately, my bikes going to cost a few bucks to fix though.


Then I went kiting with my dad. Kiting is incredibly fun! Here is a video if you've never kited before or seen it done. One of the craziest thing about it is when you are just standing still, you can hear the ice pop and crackle. It's kinda erie, but very cool. Flying a kite that big is pretty hard, bu after you figure it out it is really fun! Once it even lifted me off the ground. There is definitely a lot of power in that kite! The winds were only blowing 12-14mph.


I'm hoping that I can go out again tomorrow, and that my bike will be finished too. Then I can ride and kite. Two very exciting things!

No comments: