Saturday, May 31, 2008

Time Trial

Today I rode the Kampeska Classic Time Trial. It was a nice fun 14 mile ride... This course has a few hills, but nothing to the likes of Nebraska. I had a time of 45.21 which I was hoping to break 44, but I had a major error as I turned a corner and almost crashed. It took me a lot to regain my speed of 23 mph, but I'm glad I didn't crash. I won my age division and broke the course record today for my age group, but I got beat. I'm kinda disappointed about that. I didn't even know that there was another women ahead of me that I was competing with. She had a time of 42.57, so I'm pretty sure I couldn't have beaten her, but more props to her! It was fun to work that hard and have a lot of speed. I've had some challenging riding this spring already and can only hope for more this summer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You go girl! Congratulations!! Glad you didn't crash and you still walked away with a record and a win for your age division - that is super! Lucky for me you weren't competing against us in the USD's intramural race the past couple of years!

DIRK said...

Way to go Evie!!